Local WRS Employers
Vol. 19, No. 16
August 9, 2002
Coming to an Area Near You - WRS Regional Training Sessions
Mark your calendar for Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) employer
training for local government employers and school districts. These
free ETF-sponsored workshop/training sessions are set for 15 cities
around Wisconsin from mid-September through mid-November.
Please note that separate sessions are scheduled for local government
entities and school districts. Workshop
dates and locations are listed at the end of this Bulletin.
These workshops are your chance to review, discuss, and practice
WRS Administration Manual policies and procedures. Please
bring your Manual for reference and use during workshop
learning opportunities. Workshop attendees will review key areas
in WRS administration. Topics include: determining employee participation
eligibility, rehired annuitants, employee transaction reporting,
annual reporting and reconciliation, and more.
Workshop activities are designed to give attendees a hands-on learning
experience and a chance to interact with others whose jobs include
daily WRS operational duties. Those responsible for determining
eligibility and completing employee transaction reports are encouraged
There will be two sessions at each location. The first day at each
location will be for local government employers, day two will be
for school districts. Class size is limited and you must
pre-register for these sessions. You can register by calling
Don Stuckert, Employer Education Officer @ (608) 266-0133, by e-mail:
by either faxing the attached registration
form to (608) 266-5801, or by mailing it to:
Don Stuckert, Employer Education Officer
Department of Employee Trust Funds
P.O. Box 7931
Madison WI 53707-7931
- Workshops are Free
- Registration and Networking: 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Agent Responsibilities and WRS Eligibility: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00
- Lunch: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Transaction Reporting and Annual Reconciliation: 1:00 p.m.
to 3:00 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own lunch; morning and afternoon
breaks will be provided
- Room temperatures fluctuate; a light sweater or jacket
- Bring your WRS Administration Manual
- Please note that separate sessions are scheduled for local government
employers and school districts
- Register early, classroom size is limited
We look forward to seeing you at one of the sessions.