Local WRS Employers
Vol. 22, Local I
August 2, 2005
WRS Regional Training Sessions
Thank you for taking time to complete the survey the Department
of Employee Trust Funds (ETF) conducted earlier this year to better
understand the training needs of employers. Survey results indicated
employers overwhelmingly desire additional training on the Wisconsin
Retirement System (WRS) and regional training sessions are scheduled
for this fall. In addition, employers expressed a strong interest
in training on the Wisconsin Public Employers Group Health Insurance,
Income Continuation Insurance, and Group Life Insurance programs.
ETF is tentatively planning regional training sessions on these
programs for Spring 2006; watch for information in an upcoming Employer
Bulletin. (For a link to a detailed
summary of the survey results, please see this bulletin on ETF’s
Internet site, located under the Employer section.)
Mark your calendar for WRS employer training for local government
employers and school districts. These free, ETF-sponsored training
sessions are scheduled in various cities around Wisconsin from mid-September
through mid-November. Please note that separate sessions are scheduled
for local government entities and school districts. Training
session dates and locations are listed at the end of this Bulletin.
Attendees will review key areas in WRS administration. Subject
areas include determining employee WRS participation eligibility,
rehired annuitants, employee transaction reporting, annual reporting
and reconciliation, and more. In addition, we will review all Extranet
- Previous Service and Benefit Inquiry;
- WRS Contribution Remittance Application;
- WRS Account Update Application.
The training activities are designed to give attendees a hands-on
learning experience and a chance to interact with others whose jobs
include daily WRS operational duties. Those responsible for determining
eligibility and completing employee transaction reports are encouraged
Because class size is limited, pre-registration is required
for these sessions. You can register by one of the following
- Faxing the attached registration
form to (608) 266-5801.
- Mailing the attached registration
Employer Education Officer
Department of Employee Trust Funds
P.O. Box 7931
Madison WI 53707-7931
- E-mailing the information requested on the attached registration
form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Calling Joan Steele, Employer Education Officer, at (608) 266-0133.
- Bring your WRS Administration Manual
(ET-1127, REV 07/2004)
- Room temperatures fluctuate; a light sweater or jacket is recommended.
- Please note that separate sessions are scheduled for local government
employers and school districts.
- There is no charge to attend.
- You are responsible for your own lunch.
- Beverages and snacks are available for purchase at most locations.
- Register early as classroom size is limited.
We look forward to seeing you at one of the sessions.