May 17, 2012
Changes to myETF Benefits
Income Continuation Insurance (ICI) - Remittance
(All State and WPE ICI Employers)
On Thursday, May 17, 2012, the Department of Employee Trust Funds
(ETF) will deploy changes to the Income Continuation Insurance remittance
system in myETF Benefits. When you submit information via myETF
Benefits, you may see some new messages.
There are four new validation error messages:
- Regular ICI contracts must be greater than zero.
- Regular ICI contracts must be integer.
- Supplemental ICI contracts must be greater than zero.
- Supplemental ICI contracts must be integer.
There are five more acknowledgement messages when ICI premium information
is submitted successfully.
- Payment record has been accepted.
- Your ICI record for the period starting MM/01/YYYY has been
- Payment record has been accepted. Remember to pay via WiSMART.
- Our records indicate that you may have already made a payment
against this premium for the specified amount. Please verify that
you have received payment confirmation from US Bank. If your initial
attempt at payment was unsuccessful or if this represents an additional
payment, please click 'Confirm.'
- Our records indicate that you may have already submitted a
record matching this entry. If you wish to enter an additional
record, please click 'Confirm.'
There is one new e-mail message.
- Your ICI record for the period staring MM/01/YYYY has been accepted.
Please remember to make the actual payment via WiSMART.
For more information, contact the ETF Employer Communications
Center at (608) 264-7900 or toll free, 1-888-681-3952.