May 28, 2014
Updates to myETF Benefits
On the evening of May 28, 2014 the Department of Employee Trust Funds (ETF) will deploy the following updates to myETF Benefits:
myETF Benefits will no longer default to “male” when adding a dependent to an existing contract using the “Edit” function. This should reduce the amount of gender mismatches between systems.
ETF staff members and employers will now be able to Terminate Coverage or Add a Dependent due to “Other Group Coverage” for a family contract within 30 days of the event. In addition, Contract End Dates will now be correctly set for:
- Premium Deduction Information: Pre-Tax
For all “other” Premium Deduction Information: Pre-Tax and Post-Tax Reasons
- Members and all of their dependents, if any become eligible for and/or enrolled in other group insurance.
- Verified Event Date on all Premium Deduction Information is working correctly when settling the contract end date.
Updates to demographic data in myETF Benefits are no longer overwritten after removing a member’s dependent and demographic data is subsequently updated (for that same member) on the same day.
- Multiple Activity Transaction detail records are no longer being created when an employer or staff member accidentally clicks the “confirm” button twice.
- myETF Benefits now reflects the correct contract changes for “Coverage Level” when two or more transactions are subsequently chosen and processed on the same day for the same contract.
- myETF Benefits will now require users to complete a confirmation step after making updates to Social Security Numbers to validate that the correct SSN is being updated.