February 27, 2013
Department of Employee Trust
Work Around for myETF Benefits Error Message
Mozilla Firefox (Version
Creating new sessions in Mozilla Firefox has the most steps.
- Close all open Firefox browsers.
- Copy your Mozilla Firefox desktop shortcut.
- Paste the new Mozilla FireFox desktop shortcut.
- Rename the new shortcut to “Mozilla Firefox Profiles.”
- In the Target field after the last character of the text already
there, type “-profilemanager-no-remote” (without the
- Click the Apply button.
- Click OK.
- Double click the “Mozilla Firefox Profiles” to open.
You will see a Firefox – Choose User Profile screen like
the one below:
- Select Create Profile. The Create Profile Wizard will come up.
- Press the Next button.
- Give your new profile a name.
When you start Firefox with the new “Mozilla Firefox Profiles”
icon, it will come up with the Choose User Profile window.
- Select a profile and click the Start Firefox button.
- When you want another window, select a different profile and
click the Start Firefox button.
The new window that comes up will be in a different session.
You will not be allowed to start a new Firefox window in the same
session from the Choose User Profiles window. If you try to open
the same profile twice, you will see this message:
ETF staff in the Employer Communication Center are available to
answer questions at (888) 681-3952.