Photo credit: Wisconsin Department of Tourism
ETF is developing a new, web-based benefits administration system, referred to as myETF. The new system will modernize and improve ETF's IT capabilities and support more efficient business processes for ETF's customers. The new system is a fully integrated one, allowing for advanced automation, user empowerment and excellence in customer service.
Terms related to myETF
Frequently asked questions
Employer contact for
myETF related issues
Select one of the bars below for more information.
ETF offers the full complement of training that employers need for the first release of myETF Employer Online Services, including:
- Payroll File Resource Training
- Employment File Resource Training
- myETF Employer Reporting Confirmation Training – File Upload
- myETF Employer Reporting Confirmation Training – Manual Work Report
- myETF Employer Online Services Training – Retirement (WRS)
myETF Employer Reporting Confirmation Training will be offered once again in Spring 2018 in two formats: in-person and online. Further details coming soon.
myETF Employer Online Services Training – Retirement (WRS) will be offered once again in Fall 2018, contingent on approval of the first release of myETF Employer Online Services. The course will also be offered in two formats: in-person and online.
Recorded versions of the Payroll File Resource, Employment File Resource, and myETF Employer Reporting Confirmation Training continue to be available.
View all trainings
Bulletins / myETF Messenger
- February 14, 2018 Vol. 35, No. 3 - NEW! In-Person myETF Employer Reporting Confirmation
Sessions, Online Sessions Continue
- October 31, 2017 Vol. 34, No. 17 - myETF Employer Online Services Postponement Update
- May 24, 2017 Vol. 34, No. 9 - Preparing Your Data for myETF
- April 27, 2017 Vol. 34, No. 8 - New myETF Training: Employer Reporting Confirmation
- March 16, 2017 Vol. 34, State A - myETF Update for State Employers: Job Categories
- Sep. 20, 2016 Vol. 33, No. 10 - myETF Employment File Resource Now Available
- Sep. 15, 2016 Vol. 33, No. 9 - myETF Employer Training
- June 8, 2016 Vol. 33, No. 5 - myETF Payroll File Resource Now Available
- Feb. 29, 2016 Vol. 33, No. 2 - Benefits Administration System Project Overview
- Aug. 20, 2015 Vol. 32, No. 12 - Exciting News! Introducing myETF
- Oct. 6, 2014 Vol. 31, No.14 - New Benefits Administration System Underway
myETF Messenger Archive:
- February 18, 2018 - Topics: Confirmation Training, Updated Payroll and Employment File Training, Payroll Calendar Reminder, New WRS-Ineligible Video, Paid Leave Codes Removed, Adjustment Records in myETF.
- January 9, 2018 - Topics: myETF Data Setup – Payroll Calendars, In-Person myETF Confirmation Training, Employment Status Change Resources, myETF Solutions, and myETF Release Schedule.
- November 28, 2017 - Topics: myETF Project Update, Final Confirmation Deadline, New Adjustment Due Dates, Updated Resources and Contact Your Payroll Vendors
- September 27, 2017 - Topics: Employer Online Services Training (Insurance), Practice for Employers, It’s Your Choice Kickoff, Data Setup Questionnaire, and myETF Hits the Road
August 29, 2017 - Topics: Confirmation, Employer Online Services Training, Data Setup, Payroll Vendors, Employer Advisory Council
July 25, 2017 - Topics: Security Roles, Confirmation, Data Setup, Preparation Checklist, File Resources, Glossary
- June 27, 2017 - Topics: File Upload, Manual Entry, Employee Roster, Income Continuation Insurance, FAQ
Resources / Downloads
- User Guide
- File Upload - Confirmation Webinar PowerPoint (Revised March 27, 2018)
- Manual Entry - Confirmation Webinar PowerPoint (Revised March 27, 2018)
- File Upload - Confirmation Instructions
- Manual Entry - Confirmation Instructions
- myETF Employer Reporting Confirmation - Demonstration Videos
The videos below guide you with pop-up text boxes and do not contain audio.
- Logging In
- Creating and Updating Reporting Cycles
- File Upload - Uploading a File
- Using File History to Correct and Process a File
- Manual Entry - Creating Manual Work Reports
- Manual Entry - Adding New Members
- Correcting and Submitting a Work Report
- Manual Entry - Correcting and Submitting Work
- Manual Entry - Work Report Examples
- Employer Bulletin - New myETF Training: Employer Reporting Confirmation Vol. 34, No. 8
- myETF Employee Status Change Transaction Reference Chart (March 13, 2018)
- ONE Site Transactions Compared to myETF Employee Status Changes (February 14, 2018)
- Employment Status Changes Guide (February 14, 2018)
- Erroneous Enrollment Steps (November 8, 2017)
- Sample Payroll File CSV (March 6, 2017)
- Sample Employment File CSV (March 6, 2017)
- myETF Solutions for Employers (August 24, 2017)
Income Continuation Insurance Data Setup Postponed: Read More
Benefits of myETF
- Elimination of annual reconciliation
Employers will reconcile with each payroll.
- Payroll-based reporting cycles
Employers will report service and earnings based on
their payroll cycle(s).
- Move to electronic communications and correspondence
Most employer communications will take place through myETF Employer Online Services.
- New! ICI (Income Continuation Insurance) Database
myETF will provide employers a place to enter employee ICI information electronically, and we’ll store all ICI information in myETF.
- Limited paper processes for employers
Most employer processes will take place in myETF Employer Online Services.
- Real-time processing
Employers will no longer wait for electronic entries to process overnight, leading to up-to-date data.
- A single source of information
myETF will serve as the primary place employers access data.
- Decrease in data errors
Immediate system validations will reduce errors in the new system.
- Intuitive employer interface
We are designing myETF Employer Online Services with employers in mind, making it easy to use.
myETF System Maintenance Calendar
We have a myETF maintenance window planned every Wednesday from 5:00 p.m. until the following morning at 8:00 a.m. The system may be unavailable for myETF Employer Reporting Confirmation during this time.
We continue to build and improve upon myETF implementation. myETF Solutions for Employers allows you to stay up to date on the most recent changes to the confirmation/testing environment that may impact your myETF Employer Reporting Confirmation activities.