Department of Employee Trust Funds
December 18, 2013
Updates to myETF Benefits
On the evening of December 18, 2013 the Department of Employee
Trust Funds (ETF) will deploy the following updates to myETF Benefits:
- After a former employer ends a contract in myETF Benefits for
an employee transferring from one state agency to another, that
employer may now key the transfer, both 30 days prior
to the former employers ending coverage date and
up to 30 days after the coverage end date from
the former employer by using the Add Coverage
reason: “Transfer from One State Agency to Another.”
- It’s Your Choice transactions under the Add
Coverage screen will now pull correct contract effective
dates for Aged-Out Dependents, Transfers and Reinstated employees.
- ETF staff, employers and subscribers are now able to update
the member’s address from the Add Coverage
screen, which will also create a new pop-up request feature, asking
users if they want to add this same address onto the myMembers
edit screen. This feature will prevent multiple requests for adding
- A fourth cancellation reason was added to the Cancel
Coverage screen (for subscribers) for a “Spouse-To-Spouse
Transfer.” When a subscriber selects this reason,
the following radio button dial choices will now appear:
- Pre-Tax. Annual It's Your Choice Open Enrollment period.
- Pre-Tax. I am terminating employment.
- Pre-Tax. I am going on an unpaid leave of absence.
- Pre-Tax. I am going to less than half-time employment.
- Pre-Tax. My employee premium contribution has increased
- Pre-Tax. I (and all my dependents, if applicable) became
eligible for and enrolled in other group coverage.
- Post-Tax. Coverage may be cancelled at any time.
Once confirmed, myETF Benefits status will update to “Pending”
for employer approval.
- When employers reinstate an employee who has terminated, the
transaction must now be entered either:
- Within 60 days of the previous contract's coverage end date
- Within 30 days before or after the event date.
The following message will appear if an employer attempts to
reinstate an employee after the 60-day window has passed: “Our
records indicate that you are not eligible to make this change
at this time, please contact ETF.”
If necessary, ETF staff are able to reinstate an employee after
the 60-day window.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Employer
Communications Center toll free at 1-877-533-5020, locally at 608-266-3285
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.