Department of Employee Trust Funds
April 13, 2017
New Web Resources to Help Members
Review Their Statement of Benefits
ETF has rolled out new online resources to assist members in reviewing their Wisconsin Retirement System Annual Statement of Benefits, which are being distributed the middle of this month.
The statement is a summary of a member’s WRS pension account, including year-end balances, beneficiary designations and other important account information as of January 1, 2017. Statements are being distributed via a member’s most recent WRS employer or mailed.
Be sure to carefully review your statement. Do you have any questions? This is also a good time to assess your financial plan. How can you supplement your future retirement income?
New Online Resources
In the new Statement of Benefits section of the ETF website, you’ll find easy-to-use resources:
- Interactive sample statements provide explanations of content and links to other information
- Frequently asked questions on how to update your name or address, change your beneficiary(ies), calculate a benefit, make additional contributions and more
- Quick links to forms, online calculators and related webinars
- Active employees (currently working for a WRS employer): If you believe your statement is incorrect, contact your employer’s payroll office.
- Inactive employees (no longer working for a WRS employer) and alternate payees: If you believe your statement is incorrect or have questions, contact us.
- Register for the webinar, Understanding Your Annual WRS Statement of Benefits
Account Contact Information
Keep your account contact information (name and mailing address) current. In 2018, ETF plans to distribute all statements, including those for active employees, by direct mail and begin offering 24/7 access to your Statement of Benefits via the secure myETF Member Online Services.