Department of Employee Trust Funds
February 21, 2018
GIB Approves RFPs, Sets Open Enrollment Period
The Group Insurance Board today approved the development and release of two Request for Proposals to select an administrator(s) for the following:
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan allowing employees to pay certain qualified expenses (such as health insurance premiums) on a pre-tax basis;
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Program allowing participants enrolled in a high deductible health plan to pay for eligible medical expenses on a pre-tax basis;
- Employee Reimbursement Account (ERA) programs, including health care flexible spending accounts and dependent day care flexible spending accounts, to pay for eligible health care and work-related dependent day care pre-tax; and
- Fringe Benefit Account programs, allowing employees to pay for work-related parking and transit expenses on a pre-tax basis.
The next It’s Your Choice open enrollment period has been set for October 1-31, 2018.
Other Board meeting items to note:
- ETF staff and Truven Health Analytics, LLC, provided an update on the progress and status of implementation of the data warehouse project.
- GIB officers elected:
- Mike Farrell, Chair
- Stacey Rolston, Vice Chair
- Herschel Day, Secretary
- One-year extension of contract with Total Administrative Services Corporation’s (TASC) approved. TASC is the current third-party administrator of the ERA and HSA programs.
For More Information
Group Insurance Board Meeting Agenda and Materials, February 21, 2018
FAQs: Data Warehouse