Department of Employee Trust Funds
November 14, 2018
Group Insurance Board Approves Contract Extensions, Maintains Continuity
Today the Group Insurance Board approved vendor contract extensions and received updates on Group Health Insurance Program initiatives to maintain the continuity of quality and services as well as contain costs for members and employers.
The Board approved two-year contract extensions through 2021 for the following programs and vendors:
- Wellness and Disease Management: Staywell
- Dental Insurance: Delta Dental
- Life Insurance: Securian
- Disability Insurance: The Hartford
ETF presented updates on program initiatives. “We want to ensure that Board members are updated on the status of the program and recent initiatives and accomplishments,” said Eileen Mallow, ETF’s Director of the Office of Strategic Health Policy.
- Successful open enrollment for 2019 – Initial data shows strong interest in the new Medicare Advantage plan
- ALEX, ETF’s new interactive and virtual benefits counselor tool – More than 15,000 visits during the open enrollment period this fall
- Well Wisconsin program – Increased participation compared to national trends as well as reduced health risk for participants
The Board also approved a 5% premium increase for state employee life insurance, effective April 1, 2019 – the first increase since 1958. The increase amounts to approximately 88 cents per month for a typical employee, according to the Board’s consulting actuary.
The Board meets next on February 20.
For More Information