VSP Vision Care is a national not-for-profit insurance plan, offering personalized eyecare and eyewear services from a diverse network of providers. Members and their covered dependents can receive annual eye exams and coverage allowances towards glasses or contact lenses following a copayment. For more information, please visit VSP's website or call 1-800-400-4569.
- UW System employees: uwsystem.vspforme.com
- STAR agency employees: staractives.vspforme.com.
- All other employees (non-UW System, non-STAR): stateofwiemployees.vspforme.com.
- Retirees: stateofwiretirees.vspforme.com.
VSP will offer open enrollment during It’s Your Choice to active employees and retirees in 2019. If you are currently enrolled with VSP, your enrollment will continue unless you cancel during It’s Your Choice open enrollment.
New employees may enroll within 30 days of their eligibility throughout the year.
All benefit elections should be made through STAR at ess.wi.gov. You are not eligible to use VSP’s Internet or telephone enrollment process.
UW System Employees
Go to UW System Annual Benefit Enrollment (ABE) website at www.wisconsin.edu/abe for enrollment information. Contact your UW institution's payroll and benefits office if you have questions about the enrollment process. You are not eligible to use VSP’s Internet or telephone enrollment process.
Important to Note
- Employers do not contribute to the premiums for this plan.
- Throughout the year, eligible employees may enroll or make changes to their enrollment based on qualifying events such as marriage, divorce, birth, adoption or loss of other comparable coverage.
- With few exceptions, once enrolled, you must remain in the plan for the full year. Mid-year cancellation procedures follow those for health insurance—see the Frequently Asked Question “How do I cancel coverage.”
- You may cancel your new or existing enrollment during the It’s Your Choice Open Enrollment period.
- UW System and UW Hospital and Clinics employees may have different optional plans available. Check with your human resources/benefits office for details and instructions for 2019. Refer to www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits.