The Securian Accident Plan provides a cash benefit paid directly to you to help cover out-of-pocket expenses regardless of health insurance coverage. Covered benefits include:
- Emergency Room Treatment
- Follow-Up Care
- Support Care
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (up to $25,000)
- And many other medical and support benefits including Identity Theft and Travel Assistance
To see a complete list of coverage visit www.LifeBenefits.com/plandesign/WIETF.
For enrollment questions, see your payroll/benefits representative; for other questions, please contact Securian via phone at 1-866-295-8690 or email email@example.com.
For detailed plan information and to view the Certificate of Coverage, please visit www.LifeBenefits.com/plandesign/WIETF
New employees may enroll within 30 days of their eligibility throughout the year. The Securian Accident Plan will offer open enrollment during It’s Your Choice to active employees.
The Accident Plan is portable up to age 70. A retiree can maintain the coverage they had as an active employee.
Important To Note
- Employers do not contribute to the premiums for this plan.
- Throughout the year, eligible employees may enroll or make changes to their enrollment based on qualifying events such as marriage, divorce, birth, adoption or loss of other comparable coverage.
- With few exceptions, once enrolled, you must remain in the plan for the full year. Mid-year cancellation procedures follow those for health insurance—see the Frequently Asked Question “How do I cancel coverage.”
- You may cancel your enrollment only during the annual open enrollment period or if a member experiences a life event.
- The Securian Accident Plan is not available to UW Hospital and Clinic employees. UW System and UW Hospital and Clinics employees may have different supplemental plans available. Check with your human resources/benefits office for details and instructions for 2020. UW System employees may refer to www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits. UWHC employees may refer to https://uconnect.wisc.edu/depts/uwhealth/benefits/.