VSP Vision Care is a national not-for-profit insurance plan, offering personalized eyecare and eyewear services from a diverse network of providers. Members and their covered dependents can receive annual eye exams and coverage allowances towards glasses or contact lenses following a copayment from over 660 providers in Wisconsin who accept VSP. For more information, please visit the websites listed below, VSP's website, vsp.com, or call 1-800-400-4569.
- UW System employees: uwsystem.vspforme.com.
- STAR agency employees: staractives.vspforme.com.
- All other employees (non-UW System, non-STAR): stateofwiemployees.vspforme.com.
- Retirees: stateofwiretirees.vspforme.com.
VSP will offer open enrollment during the annual It's Your Choice open enrollment period to active state employees and retirees for 2020. If you are currently enrolled with VSP, your enrollment will continue unless you cancel during open enrollment.
New employees may enroll within 30 days of their eligibility throughout the year.
Please Note: Members do not receive a membership card when enrolling in VSP.
Important to Note
- Employers do not contribute to the premiums for this plan.
- Throughout the year, eligible employees may enroll or make changes to their enrollment based on qualifying events such as marriage, divorce, birth, adoption or loss of other comparable coverage. Go to ETF's Life Events Guide for a full list.
- With few exceptions, once enrolled, you must remain in the plan for the full year. Mid-year cancellation procedures follow those for health insurance—see the Frequently Asked Question “How do I cancel coverage.”
- You may cancel your new or existing enrollment during the annual open enrollment period.
- UW System and UW Hospital and Clinics employees may have different optional plans available. Check with your human resources/benefits office for details and instructions for 2020. UW System Employees refer to www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits. UWHC employees visit https://uconnect.wisc.edu/depts/uwhealth/benefits/.