Choose a Plan Design
Key factors to consider are:
- Monthly Payment (Premium): Premiums can change every year. Review your premium for next year on the Health Care Premium page.
- Cost Per Visit (Deductibles & Copays): How often do you visit your doctor? Do you need surgery next year? Review the Breakdown of Your Costs pages.
- Out-Of-Network Availability: Do you or your dependent(s) need access to a doctor outside of the health plan’s service area or out of state?
- All non-Medicare plan designs and health plans offer the same in-network Uniform Benefits. Medicare Advantage and Medicare Plus plans vary slightly. Review the Key Differences Between Medicare Plan Design Options page to learn more.
All pages mentioned in this section can be found under the Health Insurance menu.
- Enroll in Medicare Parts A and B. Medicare Part D enrollment is automatic through the Wisconsin Public Employers (WPE) Group Health Insurance Program.
- Notify ETF immediately or your Medicare-coordinated coverage may be delayed.
Choose a Health Plan
Go to the health plan search page to find health plans in your county or the counties you’d like to receive care. Results include major health care systems and provider directories. Keep travel time in mind if you select a plan that’s not offered nearby.
A few questions to keep in mind:
- Is your health plan available next year? Health plans may merge or change their service areas.
- Is your doctor, clinic and hospital still covered? Verify with the provider directory.
- All health plans cover the same in-network benefits, but are there additional services, requirements or programs that are important to me? Go to the Health Plan Search page and click on a health plan to learn more.
- How satisfied are current health plan participants? Compare ratings on the Health Plan Search page.
Consider Supplemental Benefits
Do you want basic dental coverage? Consider the Uniform Dental Benefit found on the Dental Insurance page.
- Only available if you enroll in health insurance. Your dental coverage will mirror your health coverage. For example, if you elect family health insurance with dental, you will be enrolled in family dental coverage.
- Included as part of your premium if you choose your health plan with dental.
Contact your benefits office to see if any additional supplemental benefits are offered by your employer.
If you elect individual health coverage, then you will be enrolled in individual dental coverage. If you elect family health coverage, you will be enrolled in family dental coverage.
Enroll or Make Changes
Made your decision? Learn how to enroll in your benefits.Read More about Enroll or Make Changes