- State employees, except those who are eligible for the graduate assistant/short term academic staff benefits package and are not in the Wisconsin Retirement System, are eligible to participate in the HDHP and HSA.
- Limited Term Employees (LTEs) who are eligible for the State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance Program.
- Retirees1 younger than age 65.
Coverage Requirements and Considerations
- You must be covered by an It’s Your Choice (IYC) High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) and enrolled in the Health Savings Account (HSA) offered by ETF.
- You cannot have any other health coverage that pays for out-of-pocket health care expenses before you meet your plan deductible (including Medicare).
- You must notify your human resources/benefits office of any other health coverage when enrolling in, and at any point while enrolled in, the HDHP and HSA.
- In addition:
- You cannot be enrolled in Medicare Part A or Part B.
- You cannot be covered by TRICARE, or have accessed your Veterans Administration (VA) benefits in the past 90 days (to contribute to an HSA).
- Exceptions may apply. See the HSA Participant Guide for more details.
- You cannot be claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return (unless it’s your spouse).
- You (and your spouse) cannot have a Health Care FSA in the same year.
1Retirees enrolled in IYC HDHP/HSA benefit option must keep HSA offered by ETF open and active.