If you have recently had:

  • A change in marital status
  • A baby
  • A change in home address

There's a chance you may have the opportunity to enroll or change coverage outside of the annual open enrollment period. 

*You may be able to change coverage outside of the open enrollment period if the following apply. (If you are a retiree, a state employee who has opted out of premium conversion under Section 125, or are a local employee who does not have your health insurance premium contribution deducted pre-tax under a federal Section 125 plan--you may change from family to single coverage at any time.)

For more detail see Frequently Asked Questions under resources . Employees may also contact your payroll/benefits office. Retirees and continuants may contact ETF.

Once you've reviewed if you are eligible to make a change, submit a paper application, or for some employees, submit online with your employer.

Life Events