If you have recently had:

  • A change in marital status
  • A baby
  • A change in home address

There is a chance you may have the opportunity to enroll or change coverage outside of the annual open enrollment period. 

*You may be able to change coverage outside of the open enrollment period if the following apply:

  • If you are a retiree, a state employee who has opted out of premium conversion under Section 125
  • If you are a local employee who does not have your health insurance premium contribution deducted pre-tax under a federal Section 125 plan
  • You may change from family to single coverage at any time

Once you've reviewed if you are eligible to make a change, submit an application with any required documentation (employees, with your employer; retirees, with ETF (ET-2331).

Life Events

For more detail see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for the State Employee and Retiree Health Plan or Local Health Programs. Employees may also contact your payroll/benefits office. Retirees and continuants may contact ETF.