You may enroll or change your benefits during the annual health benefits open enrollment period, when you start a new job or when you experience a qualifying life event. This page will walk you through choosing your benefits during one of these events.
Choose a Plan Design
Key factors to consider are:
- Monthly Payment (Premium): Premiums can change every year. Review your premium for next year on the Health Care Premium page.
- Cost Per Visit (Deductibles & Copays): How often do you visit your doctor? Do you need surgery next year? Review the Breakdown of Your Costs pages.
- Out-Of-Network Availability: Do you or your dependent(s) need access to a doctor outside of the health plan’s service area or out of state?
- Active employees and retirees without Medicare: Review the Access Plan.
- Retirees with Medicare: Review Medicare Plus and Medicare Advantage
- All non-Medicare plan designs and health plans offer the same in-network Uniform Benefits. Medicare Advantage and Medicare Plus plans vary slightly. Review the Medicare Plan Designs Quick Comparison page to learn more.
All pages mentioned in this section can be found under the Health Insurance menu.
- Enroll in Medicare Parts A and B. Medicare Part D enrollment is automatic through the Wisconsin Public Employers (WPE) Group Health Insurance Program.
- Notify ETF immediately or your Medicare-coordinated coverage may be delayed.
Choose a Health Plan
Go to the Health Plan Search page to find health plans in your county or the counties you’d like to receive care. Results include major health care systems and provider directories. Keep travel time in mind if you select a plan that’s not offered nearby.
A few questions to keep in mind:
- Is your health plan still available? Health plans may merge or change their service areas.
- Is your doctor, clinic and hospital still covered? Verify with the provider directory.
- All health plans cover the same in-network benefits, but are there additional services, requirements or programs that are important to me? From the Health Plan Search page, click on a health plan to learn more.
Consider Supplemental Benefits
Enroll or Make Changes
Made your decision? Learn how to enroll in your benefits.Read More about Enroll or Make Changes