Annual Health Benefits Open Enrollment Period: September 26 – October 21, 2022
2023 Benefit Period: January 1 – December 31, 2023
Enroll During Open Enrollment
- You have three ways to enroll during the annual open enrollment period:
- Payroll Center e-Benefit
- Optum Financial e-Enrollment
- Please check with your payroll or benefits office on how you should enroll for benefits.
- Your election will be effective January 1, 2023.
- Note: If you are already enrolled in a pre-tax savings account, you must re-enroll each year to continue participation. Enrollments do not carry forward from year to year.
If You Are a Newly Hired Employee
- If you are electing to enroll in a pre-tax savings account, you must enroll within 30 days of your date of hire (in an eligible position), or first eligible appointment.
- Coverage will be effective on the first of the month on or following your eligibility date.
- For more information and enrollment instructions, contact your human resources/benefit office.
If You Have Experienced a Qualifying Life Change Event
- If you experience a qualified life change event, such as a marriage or divorce, birth or adoption of a child, a change in employment status or another qualified life change event, you may have the opportunity to enroll or change your coverage outside of the open enrollment period.
- There are various rules related to life change events. You must enroll or make changes within 30 days from the date of the qualifying event.
- Contact your human resources/benefit office for more information on qualifying events, to see what your options are, and how to enroll or make a change.
UW System Employees
Enrollments are done electronically in Self Service through your MyUW Portal (not through Optum Financial).
UW System employees should refer to the University of Wisconsin Systems Employee Benefits website for enrollment instructions.
State of Wisconsin & STAR State Employees
State of Wisconsin, Courts and Legislature employees who are paid through the STAR System should log in to STAR to make all benefits elections during the annual open enrollment period. Contact your agency payroll and benefits staff with any enrollment questions.
UW Hospital and Clinics (UWHC)
Complete online through Oracle Cloud Employee Self Service.
For questions, please call the HR Service Center at 608-263-6500.
Enrollments are done directly through the WEDC e-Benefits system and not through Optum Financial.
WEDC employees should refer to OneLogin > Kronos > My Account > My Benefits > Review/Select Benefits or contact WEDC human resources for enrollment instructions.
Beyond Vision Employees
Beyond Vision employees should contact their HR or benefits staff for enrollment instructions.
Fox River Navigational Systems Authority (FRNSA) Employees
FRNSA employees should contact their HR or benefits staff for enrollment instructions.