Despite the uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Employee Trust Funds wants you to know that our commitment to providing services and protecting the health and safety of Wisconsin Retirement System members, our staff, and business partners has never wavered. Here are some highlights of how we’ve been doing as an agency. In March, ETF staff successfully transitioned to working remotely; the governing boards began meeting exclusively via teleconference; and all in-person retirement appointments are now conducted online or by phone.
In addition, we are:
- paying benefits without disruption, in full, and on the first of every month;
- answering calls and emails—our call center is fully staffed and trained;
- reducing wait times for retirement appointments and requests for benefit estimates;
- processing retirement applications and other account-related transactions;
- counseling members entering the retirement pipeline;
- collecting and reconciling WRS contributions;
- setting up new retirees “on payroll”;
- working with employers to administer WRS benefit programs; and
- planning and executing internal projects that will enhance the customer experience.
Like all state office buildings, our office remains closed to the public until further notice. We do not expect to resume in-person services until 2021. In addition, ETF is following the state’s social distancing guidelines and executive orders. Our Bounce Back plan is flexible and follows state and federal guidelines for managing operations and services in the future.
We encourage you to stay informed about your benefits. Consult our online resources, especially our COVID-19 resource page. Topics here include testing, treatment, medications, telehealth, new Well Wisconsin health screening options, mid-year health savings account and health care FSA expense changes, new guidelines for dependent day care account election changes, and links to state and federal health authorities.
Above all, please stay safe and be well. ETF is strong and remains committed to the high level of customer service and professionalism you have come to expect from us. We are here for you.