The Department of Employee Trust Funds recently began a direct mail education and outreach campaign to Wisconsin Retirement System covered members—some of whom could be your employees. The campaign targets members who are new hires or at various WRS benefits-related milestones.
Educational topics are designed to help members plan for retirement and cover:
- Role of ETF and overview of the WRS
- Financial planning for retirement
- Growing WRS pension with additional contributions
- Important year-end deadlines
- Annual benefits statement
- Applying for a retirement benefit
- Minimum retirement age vs. normal retirement age
ETF will mail information on these topics directly to members at their homes. Members can find additional information at etf.wi.gov or contact ETF at 1-877-533-5020 with questions.
Help Us Out
To ensure your employees receive these mailings, it is important that you provide complete and up-to-date addresses by submitting P031 transactions via the WRS Account Update Application or your WRS files transmitted via sFTP.
Here are some helpful ETF web resources for you to share with your employees:
- Your Benefit Handbook (ET-2119)
- My Statement of Benefits
- Retirement Checklist
- Applying for Your Retirement Benefit (ET-4106)
- Member Education – Find out about ETF videos, webinars, and other educational offerings