- Total membership remained stable for 2021, with an increase of 0.21%.
- The state program had a slight 0.05% decrease in membership.
- However, the state High Deductible Health Program gained market share.
- Overall HDHP enrollments are 10.74% of total health insurance membership, surpassing the 10% threshold for the first time.
- The Wisconsin Public Employers Program for local government employers had a 1.94% membership increase, largely due to 19 new employers joining the program between April 2020 and January 2021.
Other Board Action
The Board also approved:
- Election of Board officers for 2021: Herschel Day, chair; Nathan Houdek, vice-chair; and Nancy Thompson, secretary.
- The four-week timeframe of September 27-October 22, 2021, as the open enrollment period for plan year 2022.
- The selection of Delta Dental as the Uniform Dental Benefit administrator. ETF issued a letter of intent to award this contract to Delta, pending successful contract negotiations. Delta is the current Uniform Dental Benefit administrator.
- A contract extension with ConnectYourCare for the Pre-Tax Savings Account Programs through 2023.
ETF provided updates on several strategic initiatives, including emergency room utilization, mental health parity and access, and WPE Program improvements. Board direction will be incorporated into future action related to these initiatives.
Board members also received their regular training on ethics and lobbying rules.
The Board’s next regularly scheduled meeting is set for May 12, 2021.
For More Information