The Group Insurance Board met this week to discuss strategy and prioritize initiatives for the State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance Program. The Board’s strategy will continue to focus on:
- Quality of life (health)
- Program quality (quality/experience)
- Program affordability (cost)
This multi-pronged approach was adapted from the Healthcare Triple Aim model, developed by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
The Board will continue to review and prioritize program initiatives at its meeting in February.
Other Board Action
The Board approved:
- A contract renewal with IBM Watson Health. ETF uses the vendor’s data warehouse and business intelligence tools to analyze medical, pharmacy, dental, and wellness data.
- The development and release of a Request for Proposals for an administrator of the Uniform Dental Benefit Program. The current contract with Delta Dental of Wisconsin expires in 2021.
- A reserve policy and fund reserve targets for the state and local Income Continuation Insurance programs, based on an actuarial analysis.
For More Information