WEA Trust will no longer offer health insurance as of December 31, 2022. This change affects all current WEA network areas and plan designs offered by the State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance Program.
- Members who currently have coverage through WEA will continue to have coverage with WEA through December 31, 2022.
- Members who currently have coverage through WEA will need to select a new health plan during the 2023 open enrollment period, which runs September 26 to October 21.
- WEA’s departure does not create a special enrollment opportunity.
The Department of Employee Trust Funds has been working with health plans to provide new options in all current WEA network areas for coverage beginning January 1, 2023. More information about the WEA transition and any new coverage option(s) available to members will be provided before and during the open enrollment period.
This change affects all group health insurance program members in the following state and local plan options:
- Access Plan by WEA Trust
- State Maintenance Plan (SMP) by WEA Trust
- Medicare Plus by WEA Trust
- WEA Trust – East
- WEA Trust West – Chippewa Valley
- WEA Trust – Mayo Clinic Health System
I am currently insured with WEA. Do I need to take action? Yes, you will need to select a new health plan during the It’s Your Choice Open Enrollment period to have coverage for plan year 2023. No other action is necessary on your part before open enrollment. WEA’s departure does not create a special enrollment opportunity.
Where can I get more information? Open enrollment materials will be available in mid-September. Check out the 2023 Decision Guides and the Upcoming Health Plan Changes page for information about the WEA transition and your health plan options. Several plans have expanded their coverage areas for 2023. ETF will offer vendor and health benefit webinars during the open enrollment period.