Did you recently have a change in marital status, have a baby, an eligible move to a new county or another life change event? You may have the opportunity to enroll (employees only) or change your coverage (employees and retirees) outside of the open enrollment period. There are various rules related to life change events.

*You may be able to change coverage outside of the IYC period if the following apply. (If you are a retiree, a state employee who has opted out of premium conversion under Section 125, or are a local employee who does not have their health insurance premium contribution deducted pre-tax under a federal Section 125 plan--you may change from family to single coverage at any time.)

For more detail see Frequently Asked Questions online. Employees may also contact your payroll/benefit office.  Annuitants and continuants may contact ETF.

Once you've reviewed if you are eligible to make a change, submit a paper application, or for some employees, submit online with your employer.

Life Events

Was this page helpful?