Use ETF’s Form
Other forms may not follow laws specific to the WRS.
For other states or territories: Use the Foreign Jurisdiction Order to Divide WRS Benefits (ET-4935).
The DRO May Be an Original or a Copy
It must be signed by a judge or have a court certification stamp.
Complete All of the Fields
- Missing information may result in rejection.
Provide Correct Information
- Make sure you provided the correct birth dates, Social Security numbers, date of divorce, etc. for both parties.
- A Social Security number (with name) may be provided on a separate piece of paper.
Split the Account Correctly
- The alternate payee may receive a maximum of 50.00%.
- You may use no more than two decimal places (e.g., 28.25%).
- You must list a percentage, not a dollar amount.
- Do not use a decimal equivalent like 0.5 instead of 50%.
- Do not request to divide the account for the period between marriage and divorce dates. Reduce the overall percentage instead.
Do Not Alter the Standard Form
- Don't cross off or add text.
- Altered forms may be rejected.
Do Not Submit Draft Orders
- A draft will be rejected.