Per IRS rules, wellness incentives are taxed as ordinary income. You will receive a W-2 statement from ETF if you are covered under the state group health insurance program and you and/or your dependents received a wellness incentive from your health plan provider or from Staywell. The W-2 will be postmarked by January 31. If you do not receive this form by February 15 or if you misplaced your W-2, contact ETF to send another one. Please allow one week for mail delivery.
For tax purposes, a wellness incentive payment is reported in the year the payment is issued by your health insurance provider, even if the activity you performed to qualify for the incentive may have been completed the previous year.
If you have questions about your wellness incentive payments:
- Contact StayWell or your health insurance provider directly to confirm the payment dates and the incentive amounts issued to you and your enrolled dependents.
- If you are missing a payment, StayWell can assist with reissuing payments.
- See the Staywell portal for more information about the Wellness Incentive Program.
- StayWell can be reached by phone at 1-800-821-6591 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
If you find incorrect information that cannot be resolved by StayWell, contact ETF and give us:
- Your full name
- Social Security number or ETF ID
- Address and phone number
- The reason you believe the information is not correct
ETF will research the problem and work to find a resolution as soon as possible.