The Securian Accident Plan provides a cash benefit paid directly to you to help cover out-of-pocket expenses regardless of health insurance coverage.
New for 2022
- Cash payments for most claims will increase beginning January 1, 2022
- New covered benefit: Outpatient rehabilitation therapy
- UW Hospital and Clinics employees are eligible to enroll in the Accident Plan for coverage beginning January 1, 2022
Covered benefits include:
- Emergency Room Treatment
- Follow-Up Care
- Support Care
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (up to $100,000)
- And many other medical and support benefits, including Identity Theft
To see a complete list of coverage visit www.LifeBenefits.com/plandesign/WIETF.
For detailed plan information and to view the Certificate of Coverage, please visit www.LifeBenefits.com/plandesign/WIETF
New employees may enroll within 30 days of their eligibility throughout the year. The Securian Accident Plan will offer open enrollment during It’s Your Choice to active employees.
Active local employees are eligible only if their employer chooses to offer the Accident Plan.
The Accident Plan is portable up to age 70. A retiree can maintain the coverage they had as an active employee.
View the Portability Form for additional details on how to keep your Accident Plan coverage after you leave state employment or retire.
For enrollment questions, see your payroll/benefits representative; for other questions, please contact Securian via phone at 1-866-295-8690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Health Questions
All coverage is guaranteed at initial eligibility, qualified family status changes, and annual enrollment. You do not need state group health insurance to be eligible for the Accident Plan.
This plan does not disqualify you for High Deductible Health Plan or traditional medical coverage.
|Individual||Individual + Spouse||Individual + Child(ren)||Family|
Employees enrolled in the Security Accident plan must initiate a claim to receive a benefit payment. View How to file a voluntary claim for additional details and instructions.
Important To Note
- Employers do not contribute to the premiums for this plan.
- Throughout the year, eligible employees may enroll or make changes to their enrollment based on qualifying events such as marriage, divorce, birth, adoption or loss of other comparable coverage.
- With few exceptions, once enrolled, you must remain in the plan for the full year. Mid-year cancellation procedures follow those for health insurance—see the Frequently Asked Question “How do I cancel coverage.”
- You may cancel your enrollment only during the annual open enrollment period or if a member experiences a life event.
- UW System and UW Hospital and Clinics employees may have different supplemental plans available. Check with your human resources/benefits office for details and instructions for 2022. UW System employees may refer to www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits. UWHC employees may refer to https://uconnect.wisc.edu/depts/uwhealth/benefits/.