Have you recently had a baby? Gotten married? Divorced? Moved? Throughout the year you may experience life events that allow you to change your benefits outside of the annual open enrollment period. Select a life event below to learn which benefit changes you can make, deadlines and required documentation.

Life Events


For health and Uniform Dental insurance, you may cancel coverage or change from family to single coverage at anytime if one of the following scenarios applies to you:

  • You are a retiree or state employee who has opted out of premium conversion under Section 125
  • You are a local employee who does not have your health insurance premium contribution deducted pre-tax under a federal Section 125 plan

Make Changes

Once you've reviewed if you are eligible to make a change:


For more information see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for the State Employee and Retiree Health Plan or Local Health Programs. Employees may also contact your payroll/benefits office. Retirees and continuants may contact ETF.