2020 Group Health Insurance Program Information
Information will be added and linked here as soon as it becomes available.
- Employer Information Timeline
- Group Health Insurance information: Go to Benefits Available to Me and search by employer name.
- State premium rates:
- Local premium rates:
- 88% tables and full premium rates by program option
- 105% rates available upon request; contact your ETF case manager
- Health plan service areas (State) (Local)
- Employer toolkit for transition to new Employee Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts administrator, ConnectYourCare® (State Only).
- Open enrollment overview in WRS News Online
- Presentation from the employer kickoff meetings
- Security Health Plan Transition Resources
The State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance Program is an employer-sponsored program offering group health coverage to employees of state agencies, the UW System, UW Hospital & Clinics Authority, participating local government employers, and annuitants (and their insured survivors).
For more information about the program, see 2020 and 2019 Group Health Insurance Program information listed below. Or go to our All Benefits Available page to explore Health Plan Program Options.
Group Health Insurance Administration Manual
The health insurance employer standards, guidelines and administration manual is a reference source intended to aid your administration of and participation in the Wisconsin group health insurance program. Its contents are based on state statute and administrative code. It includes group health contract language and instructions relevant to the administrative and reporting practices of the group health insurance program. Wisconsin statutes, administrative code and group health contract language are reviewed on an ongoing basis and may be revised. This document will be updated regularly.
Consult this manual as a first-step resource when you encounter group health insurance program-related questions or concerns. If questions remain, contact the Employer Communications Center at 1-877-533-5020 or ETFSMBEmployerInsurance@etf.wi.gov.
The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) allows participants and their eligible dependents covered under the State Group Health Program to continue or convert their health insurance coverage in the event they lose eligibility under the program. Eligibility can be lost due to termination of employment, layoff, divorce, a dependent attaining age 26 and not being disabled, or death.
COBRA requires that employees and their eligible dependents who lose coverage eligibility for one of these reasons be offered the opportunity to temporarily extend their coverage under the program for a maximum of 18 months due to termination or up to 36 months due to divorce, a dependent attaining age 26 and not being disabled, layoff or death. Contact ETF if you have questions related to eligibility for COBRA and the duration of COBRA coverage.
2019 Group Health Insurance Program Information
- It's Your Choice 2019 Employer Information Timeline
- It’s Your Choice 2019 Group Health Insurance: All plan information and rates can be found within these pages. Go to the Benefits Available to Me page and search by Employer name. Click on your health insurance plan.
- It’s Your Choice 2019 Kickoff Meeting Recordings & Questions and Answer
- 2019 State (Excel) (PDF) and Local (Excel) (PDF) Group Health Insurance Premium Rates
- 2019 Local 88% / 105% Employee Contribution Rates
- Local Employers: Letter from the Director, Office of Strategic Health Policy (10/2/2018)
Health Insurance Employer Forms
Use the forms on this page to administer the Group Health Insurance program. If you are not finding what you need, go to the Publications page to search through all publications.Read More about Health Insurance Employer Forms